- University of Nebraska, Lincoln 1992 BA Anthropology
- Contractor with Immigration and Naturalization 5 years
- University of Nebraska, Lincoln College of Law JD 2002
- Moot Court Competitor,
- Clerked at U.S. Attorney Office, Lincoln Nebraska
- Assistant District Attorney Pitt County, Greenville, NC 2004-06
- Assistant District Attorney New Hanover and Pender, Wilmington, NC 2006-14.
- Private Practice Criminal Defense, Personal Injury 2014 Asheville, NC
- Admitted to Federal Criminal Practice in Western District of North Carolina 2014
- Admitted to Federal Appellate Practice in 4th Circuit Court of Appeals 2017
Prosecuting: hundreds of DWIs, Habitual DWI, Drug Trafficking, Murder, Rape, Kidnapping, Domestic Violence, Habitual Felon, Firearms, White collar embezzlement and confidence schemes. Specialized in Domestic Violence for 10 years. Completed Career Prosecutor school at National Conference of District Attorneys and Accident Reconstruction School for DAs. Trained police and prosecutors on Domestic Violence. Last prosecution was 2nd murder, crime of domestic violence, stabbing. Has requested the death penalty twice.
Defending: secured a not guilty jury verdict in attempted murder in Buncombe County, have helped negotiate a self defense killing by firearm, have won multiple DWIs and walked clients out who were facing up to life in prison for serious felonies, larceny, drugs, embezzlement, assaults, shooting, possession for firearms by felons, and more.
- A friend to the Harm Reduction Community
- Beloved Asheville
- Dog lover
- 2nd amendment and CCW supporter
- Supporter of Freedom